Blackpool Haemochromatosis Support Group is run entirely by volunteers. We are the support and advocacy group for people affected directly or indirectly by Haemochromatosis, their families and loved ones. We aim to provide support and information for those suffering with haemochromatosis to facilitate networking among members and to encourage screening of members’ extended families through:
- Provide information about and raise awareness of haemochromatosis.
- Formation of a membership bank.
- Education of the general public and members of the medical profession about haemochromatosis
- Information gathering to advance knowledge of the disorder.
- The promotion and development of relationships with other voluntary agencies and with those involved in the medical field in order to advance the knowledge and treatment of haemochromatosis.
- Fund-raising to assist the group in its objectives.